Doris Todd Christian Academy
The school was started in 1956 by Doris Crozier Todd in her home as an outreach of East Maui Baptist Churches. In that initial year, there were only four students, all from Pa'ia and Kuau. After moving briefly to lower Pa'ia in the late 1950's, the school moved, in 1961, to its present location on Baldwin Avenue in Pa'ia. In 1965, the school's name was changed from the Pa'ia Baptist Nursery and Kindergarten, to its present name in memory of its founder, Doris Crozier Todd, who was suddenly called home to be with her Lord. A few years later, Dr. Edward Todd married Mabel Sharples. The Todds continued the committed work of the school's Founder and played an important role in the growth and expansion of the school. Currently, the school serves over 170 students from preschool through the 8th grade.
To learn more about Doris Todd Christian Academy, please visit doristoddchristian.org.